Real Estate, Land Use , Environmental
Real Estate, Land Use, Environmental
The firm’s experience includes breaches of commercial leases, construction defect and payment matters, property line and easement disputes, zoning appeals and environmental enforcement matters.
- Represent large health care operator in litigation over enforcement and valuation of purchase option in lease of medical facilities.
- Successfully resolved commercial tenant’s need to vacate converted warehouse property due to air contamination and defended against landlord’s claims for continuing rent.
- Obtained lis pendens, and subsequently settled commercial tenant’s claims for right to extend lease where landlord denied enforceable agreement.
- Represented advertising billboard client in siting issues related to state regulatory and local zoning appeals, as well as lease dispute with landowner.
- Regularly represent property owners and contractors in claims of breached construction contracts and defective construction
- Won the dismissal of regulatory enforcement action on behalf of an environmental air testing company arising out of allegations of falsification of data and improper sampling and record keeping.
- Represented and successfully guided a national manufacturing company through an investigation by the Massachusetts Attorney General, and the settlement of claims of alleged violations of air permits and other environmental regulations.
- Represented a Massachusetts manufacturing company in connection with the cleanup of contaminated property and claims against a prior owner for contribution of cleanup costs.
- Represented bankruptcy trustee in connection with claims for the recovery of lost property value by the debtor due to neighboring business’s release of contamination.
- Defended developer-appointed trustees of large Downtown Boston commercial condominium project in case involving construction design defects and breach of duty claims.
- Represented unit owners of large luxury residential/commercial condominium in successful suit against trustees concerning improper governance.