Gardner & Rosenberg has significant experience litigating and resolving complex insurance coverage disputes under various lines of insurance, including general liability, life, long term care, directors’ and officers’ liability, business interruption, and professional liability. We represent individuals and businesses when a loss occurs, but the insurance company refuses to pay the full amount due under a policy. We have particular experience where an insurer engages in bad faith claims handling. We also frequently represent professionals who have been sued, and although the insurance carrier has agreed to defend the underlying lawsuit, the client also wants to ensure the insurance company is serving the client’s best interests.
- Successfully resolved directors’ and officers’ coverage dispute involving over $1 million in defense costs under policy arising out of attorney general investigation.
- Resolved federal court action brought by national insurance company against medical provider concerning billing issues.
- Represented regional law firm in the recovery of costs incurred in defending claim against law firm’s client.
- Successfully represented many homeowners in claims against insurers – involving everything from a home destroyed by alleged arson to a large fine art collection damaged by cold weather.
- Served as personal counsel to professionals where underlying claims have involved millions of dollars in alleged damages.