Business Litigation and Appeals
Gardner & Rosenberg has resolved complex business cases around the country. We regularly litigate in state and federal courts, and in private arbitrations. We also have had significant success for clients who have lost with other counsel, and have hired us to prosecute appeals before state and federal appellate courts. We represent business partners, owners, officers, directors and other individuals. We also represent companies, financial institutions, and educational, health care and non-profit organizations. We often guide international clients through the intricacies of litigation in the United States.
- Won judgment after several week trial against financial services firm related to state securities claims.
- Settled on eve of trial claims against partner in restaurant ventures arising from alleged embezzlement of business profits.
- Won a motion to dismiss all claims in a Delaware suit concerning a partnership formed to acquire positions in a French conglomerate.
- Represented hedge fund in enforcement of various debentures and other financing instruments, including successfully obtaining over $2.5 million in arbitration awards and court judgments against borrowers.
- Successfully defended internet retailer against trademark infringement claims arising out of the alleged use of competing company’s mark to divert internet search traffic.
- Successfully represented British software company in several licensing disputes against US customers.
- As appellate counsel, secured reversal of large judgment against client arising out of attorney fee dispute.